Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps to improve other vitamin actions.
All cells required vitamin A for their growth.
It is also called retinol.
We mentioned here a short form of ‘Vitamin A‘ as ‘Vit A‘.
The essential factor is that we need normally 700gm to 900gm of vitamin A, depending on our body to avoid deficiency.
And our body cannot produce It, so we have to take it from our food, so we have listed below great sources of Vit A.
There are two types of Vit A that are performed vitamin A is found in meat and Provitamin A is found in fruits and vegetables.
- Sweet Potato
- Squash (Kohla)
- Spinach (palak)
- Red peppers
Yellow, red, and green (leafy) vegetables, such as spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, and red peppers, and yellow fruit, such as mango, papaya, and apricots are called beta-carotene.
- Fish (such as salmon)
- Liver (pregnant women should avoid eating liver or liver products)
Image credit – unsplash.com
Vitamin A is good for the Eye:
The cornea is a part of the eye, so Vit A turns out better for the cornea and retina to improve vision.
Sometimes if the cornea doesn’t work better then we might deal with an issue of dryness.
According to a study says that vitamin A eye drop is very useful for dryness problems called dry eye syndrome.
In Harvard Medical School and other conspicuous colleges studies occurred for a very long time of examination they presume that the individuals who had taken Vitamin A and Lutein combined had lesser issues with their peripheral vision.
Alert! Vitamin A deficiency may cause night blindness but having the proper amount of Vit A can be cured night blindness.
Do you know? That deficiency of vitamin A can cause blindness in children mostly.
According to Wikipedia, worldwide 2,50,000 to 5,00,000 children become blind in a single year.
Enhance Immune System:
There is a significant job of vitamin A in the immune system, it helps to enhance your immune.
It can’t be combined by the human body, it consumes by the digestive system according to what we eat.
Without vitamin A, our immune system can’t be strong enough. A deficiency of Vit A may cause immunodeficiency disorder.
The immune system works for defense again infections and also against the illness in our body.
Vitamin D and Vitamin A are fundamental co-accomplices in immunological and bone wellbeing.
It prompts safe resistance across the whole gut lining.
It protects your skin:
Vitamin A is an antioxidant so it protects your skin against sunburn. We need it to protect our upper and lower layers of skin.
Skin is a retinoid-responsive organ, ready to promptly retain vitamin A when applied up-to-date.
And Retinol animates the creation of new skin cells. Without Retinol, skin can turn out to be excessively dry.
Useful for hair growth:
Each and every cell need Vitamin A for its growth. According to our body structure, hair is the fastest growing tissue and it needs Vit A to grow fast.
And also it helps to keep our scalp moisturize.
- Helps in Reproduction and growth
- Precaution for Risk of skin cancer
- Prevent the risk of Acne
- Useful for making bone strong enough
- It helps to improve skin color, flexibility, and wrinkles in people with aging skin
- Precaution for a disease measles
- Reduce diarrhea for mother after giving a birth
- Also helps the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs work properly
How much amount of vitamin A do we require?
What will happen if we intake a high amount of vitamin A:
If we intake high amount of vitamin A than required then it might influence our bone, and it might get cracked when we get older and older.
During pregnancy, if you take a large amount of Vit A it may harm your unborn baby and attempt to stay away from the liver during pregnancy since it’s having an exceptionally large amount of Vit A.
Regularly likewise liver or liver item you can take once in a week but try not to take more than that.
Also during pregnancy avoid taking its supplements. Anyway, intake should not be more than 1500 µg.
If you are getting a large amount of Vit A basically from supplements then it may lead to dizziness, sickness, and headaches, and for pregnant women, it may cause birth defects in their babies.
What will happen if we don’t take enough Vit A?
- Vitamin A deficiency is rare but it happens in United State mostly.
- It may cause eye diseases like dry eye syndrome, and night blindness called xerophthalmia and it mostly happens in children and pregnant women.
- You should get vitamin A requirement through a variety of diets.
- You can have liver once in a week because the liver is a very rich source of Vit A.
- If you are taking its supplement then you should be aware of how much quantity of Vit A contains in a scoop.
- During pregnancy, you should be more conscious about it that you should not eat liver products, that you should not take more than required, and try to avoid supplements.
- And the upper limit is 1500 µg don’t go above that level.
- Vit A is very useful for us, especially for children. Without it, children may have eye diseases.
- Vit A is useful for the eye, immune system, skin, hair, reproduction for pregnant women, and many more.
- But you should not take more vitamins than required it may cause bone cracking and be dangerous for babies, an upper limit for adults is 1500 µg and according to your age you can have it, see the table.
Which one is your source of vitamin A? please comment down below:
Keep sharing, keep supporting…
#vitamina #vitaminafoods #vitaminadeficiency #vitaminabenefits